The New Mandated Preparedness Requirements
By mid November of 2016 your facility will have to comply with the new Mandated Preparedness Requirements. OSHA, The Joint Commission, DHS, CMS and other regulatory agencies are pushing and implementing new policies and regulations in the active shooter, disaster preparedness, and related policies that you MUST comply with. The latest document from The Joint Commission alone is over six-hundred and fifty pages in length. OSHA has been trickling out different publications over the last year dealing with preparedness and training that will affect the healthcare and other industries in both policies and practice.
Are you in compliance? Are you ready?
So, WHO is directly responsible for these new Mandated Preparedness Requirements?
- Religious Nonmedical Health Care Institutions
- All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facilities
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Home Health Agencies
- Transplant Centers
- Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facilities
- Intermediate Care Facilities with Intellectual Disabilities
- Critical Access Hospitals
- Organ Procurement Organizations
- Clinics/ Rehabilitation Agencies/ Public Health Agencies
- Community Mental Health Centers
- End Stage Renal Disease Facilities
- Rural Health Clinics/ FED Qualified Health Centers
As you can now see, most of your facilities don’t even know that they MUST comply with these new stipulations for readiness and preparedness. What is at stake if an organization or facility does not adhere to the mandated preparedness requirements?
- Loss of all Medicaid and Medicare reimbursements
- Removal of Joint Commission, CMS, OSHA and other certifications
- Exiting of Key Employees due to funding failure
- Full liability in response to an incident in contrast to proactive prevention
Full Circle Systems Security & Defense is updating our policy compliance training to reflect the changes and expanded requirements. We have systems in place to help you fully digest these new requirements. We will also assist you to enact a risk based, holistic approach to planning, training and preparedness. If you would like more information about our training programs, please contact us by clicking here.