Protecting our children is the most significant duty of any people. This rings especially true as a parent. The article that inspired this episode (linked below) begin’s like this: “Some may find the following post to be disturbing. Reader discretion advised.”
I’m not upset at the author of this piece for putting this disclaimer in. I’m shaking my head at the absurdity of an adult needing to be warned and the distinct reality that the article may be too much for some to bear. As such, we get to the heart of this episode.
Protecting Our Children and this article
By the way, these written words do not replace the recorded content of the podcast. They exist to merely give the reader an overview of the show content. Our episodes contain a much larger commentary than these pages provide.
So listen. This is important stuff.
Bullet points to cover the topics:
- Massive arrests following investigation
- Some of the worst images and videos ever viewed
- Multiple countries which show us the real problem
- Specifics on the arrests of professions
What was most alarming was that many of the arrests were of people who worked with or closely interacted with children. Among those arrested were 40 school teachers, nine doctors and nurses, six law enforcement personnel, nine pastors and priests and three foster parents.
- Children rescued from their tortured conditions
- Child porn is more prevalent than anyone can imagine
When Everything Goes Wrong
Safety and security talk means nothing if it doesn’t have results. People, you and I specifically, have to make changes when we are given better or more clarified information. Otherwise it is all just useless intellectual exercise. This article reveals a lazy and apathetic society. People do not like to think about or discuss the things that make them uncomfortable.
So, they simply don’t.
And in doing so, we as a people allow things atrocities to take place. We allow predators to steal and destroy the innocence of our future of a people. We also willingly teach our children to do the same.
This is the canary and the bottom of the well. The canary is dead.
Child Predation is Evil
We, as a people, have to be able to call things as they are. Not only to clearly understand what is before us but also to make clear and effective decisions about how to respond. To shy away from acknowledging something is to concede to it. And conceding to evil has evil repercussions. So then, what to do?
- Determine, as much as is within your power, to stand against real evil. This means with your own children, relatives, friends and acquaintances.
- If you have children, have very open and frank discussions with them about human predators. This doesn’t have to be graphic, that is not what I am saying. But they need to understand that not everyone out there has their best interests in mind. Ask your friends if they have covered this topic with their kids. Do this regularly.
- Listen to what your kids say. Pay attention for a change in behavior in them. Don’t let your pride in making them participate in an event or with certain people outweigh what a child is trying to convey. Let your kids know that you trust them. And that they can trust you to protect them.
- Know what a predator looks like and acts like for both yourself and those you are trying to protect. Look up child predator grooming. We don’t have the space here to cover it all, but massively important knowledge. A good article is linked right here.
- Don’t put kids in a situation of unnecessary risk. Slumber parties with families you don’t really know? Being alone with an adult of acquaintance only?
- Have continuous AGE APPROPRIATE conversations about what proper respect looks like toward them and also what ok behavior is and is not.
- If a person, event or situation set’s off your spidey-sense, don’t automatically ignore it. Our culture has developed a bad habit of assuming almost all things have good intent behind them. Not with our children. Don’t take the chance. Look into it. Be tactful, but above all, stand against evil and protect the innocent.
Now, if you’ve ever visited this site you know that we are not doom and gloom/ sky is falling types. I never want to encourage anyone to live a reactionary and fear based life. I want you, your children and loved ones to live life abundantly and confidently. This article is simply calling out a reality in our social construct. As long as something is not directly affecting someone, they usually act as if the thing doesn’t exist. Tragically, situations related to this happen right underneath our noses all too often.
So, this is about saying no more. Not on my watch.
Police uncovered a full blown child porn production company that distributed images of child exploitation to people across the world.
If Someone Needs Help With This
To report an incident involving the possession, distribution, receipt, or production of child pornography, file a report on the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC)’s website at www.cybertipline.com , or call 1-800-843-5678.
We are Full Circle Systems Security & Defense
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by clicking here. Also, you can call us toll free at 1-877-474-6050. Don’t let another day go by without a good plan in place and trained people. We are here to serve you.